This is a topic is requiring information contributions. Click the Edit links to the right or tab at the top (seen by those logged in) to add or edit. A Wiki topic is a collaboration by many people adding as little of as much as they wish, to season a topic.
- 1 Background:
- 2 History:
- 3 Technical:
- 4 Specifications:
- 5 Wiki Topic References:
- 6 Drag Racing
- 7 Magazine References:
- 8 External Links
The Dodge Aspen and Plymouth Volare were the F-Body replacements for the Dodge Dart Sport and the Plymouth Duster A-Body compacts. They very much resembled the A-Bodies they replaced -- but had chassis technology (like Isolator Front Suspension ) shared with the new M-Body, J-Body, redesigned B-Body (also know as the Forgotten B-Body), and R-Body. Sadly most of these new chassis didn't survive long -- as a financial crisis forced Chrylser into bankruptcy, with the New Chrysler focusing on FWD cars. In addition to the underpinning differences between the A-Bodies and the F-Bodies -- the F-Bodies dressed up the interior considerably over the previous A-Bodies and added a station wagon.
- Dodge Dart
- Dodge Dart Sport
- K-Car: Dodge Aries
- M-Car: Dodge Diplomat
- J-Car: Dodge Mirada
- Plymouth Volare
- Ford Fairmont
- Chevrolet Nova
- Pontiac Ventura
- AMC Pacer
- 2 Door Coupe
- 4 Door Sedan
- 4 Door Station Wagon
- Compact/Senior Compact
- 225 CID Slant Six 1bbl ('76-'80)
- 225 CID Super Slant Six 2bbl ('76-'80)
- 318 CID 2bbl LA Small Block V-8 ('76-'80)
- 318 CID 4bbl LA Small Block V-8 ('78-'80)
- 360 CID 2bbl LA Small Block V-8 ('76-'79)
- 360 CID 4bbl LA Small Block V-8 ('77-'79)
- 360 CID 4bbl hi-performance LA Small Block V-8 ('77-'79)
- 904 Torqueflite Slant six, light duty applications
- 998 Torqueflite V8, medium duty applications
- 999 Torqueflite V8, heavy duty applications (i.e. 360)
- 727 Torqueflite V8 extreme heavy duty applications, extremely rare (i.e. cop car)
Contrary to popular belief (that the redesigned front end is too heavy for drag racing), the F-Body makes an excellent drag car -- which hooks up every bit as good as an A-Body with the same rear suspension. A 8 3/4" set up from an A-Body is a easy swap -- and an F-Body can use the same A-Body Cal-Tracks, Spring Relocaters, Off-Set Rear Hangers, S/S Springs, and Mono-Springs. Up Front, most A-Body parts -- such as Headers -- fit.
- Register to Edit
- It takes less than 5 minutes to request registration for editing, and we try to approve within 24 hours. Click the Register Link in the Top Bar.
- MoparWiki Help
- While editing Wikis may at first glance appear a little overwhelming, it really isn't. You will find this site's HELP (link found in the sidebar) to be very strong and easy to understand. The best way to start is with small edits and working on your user page -- and you will become a Pro in no time.