2006-2009 Dodge Daytona
also see 1969 Dodge Daytona
- 1 Background:
- 2 History:
- 3 Technical:
- 4 Specifications:
- 5 Year by Year Changes, Production Numbers, and Cost:
- 6 Wiki Topic References:
- 7 Magazine References:
- 8 Movies
- 9 External Links
Canada versions were known as Chrysler Daytona
- Ford Mustang
- Mercury Capri
- Chevrolet Camaro
- Pontiac Firebird
- 2.2L Turbo I 146 HP 84-90
- 2.2L Turbo II 174 HP 87-90
- 2.2L Turbo III 224 HP Lotus designed 92-93
- 2.2L Turbo IV 174 HP VNT Variable Nozzle Turbo 90
- 2.5 Turbo 152 HP 89-93
- 2.2 Non Turbo
- 2.5 Non Turbo
- 3.0L V6 SOHC 141 HP 90-93
- A413 3 Speed Automatic
- A555 Getrag 5 Speed Manual
- A568 Getrag 5 Speed Manual (was the best 5 speed that was offered)
Length: 175", Width: 69", Height: 50", Wheelbase: 97"
- First year of the new FWD daytona only 2 engines were available this year the 2.2 NA 93hp engine and the turbocharged 2.2L 142hp engine
-4 lug wheels
First year to have 5 Lug wheels
1st year for the Daytona C.S.
First year for a Daytona Shelby Z
- The A555 5 speed was replaced by the A568
- Shelby Model dropped half way through the year replaced by the Iroc
- First Official Year for the Iroc and Iroc R/T
- Introduction of the 2.2L Turbo III DOHC 224hp engine. The turbo III was only used in the IROC R/T and the Spirit R/T. Lotus developed the DOHC head for the TIII which still holds the claim for most horsepower per cubic inch in Chrysler engine history.
- Last year of the Daytona and the last and only 2nd year of the 2.2L DOHC 224HP turbo III engine.
- Cannonball Run
- The Wraith
- Blair Witch Project
- Register to Edit
- It takes less than 5 minutes to request registration for editing, and we try to approve within 24 hours. Click the Register Link in the Top Bar.
- MoparWiki Help
- While editing Wikis may at first glance appear a little overwhelming, it really isn't. You will find this site's HELP (link found in the sidebar) to be very strong and easy to understand. The best way to start is with small edits and working on your user page -- and you will become a Pro in no time.