2006-2009 Dodge Daytona
also see 1969 Dodge Daytona
This Wiki is Under Construction, and can use your help!
Please take a moment to add any information you might have on this topic. It is through this type of Member collaboration that the MoparWiki will grow into being the Ultimate Mopar Infobase. The links contained in the Understanding Wikis box in the sidebar can help you get started.
This Wiki is Needs Photos, and can use your help!
Please take a moment to add any Photo you might have on this topic. It is through this type of Member collaboration that the MoparWiki will grow into being the Ultimate Mopar Infobase. The links contained in the Understanding Wikis box in the sidebar can help you get started.
This Wiki requires References
The information in this wiki will have more creditability with some references to back it up
- 1 Background:
- 2 History:
- 3 Technical:
- 4 Specifications:
- 5 Year by Year Changes, Production Numbers, and Cost:
- 6 Wiki Topic References:
- 7 Magazine References:
- 8 Movies
- 9 External Links
1969 Dodge Daytona Charger - in name only
Mitsubishi Sapporo and Challenger imported and sold as Plymouth and Dodge
Canada versions were known as Chrysler Daytona
1984-86 Chrysler Laser, Laser XE, Laser XT
- Ford Mustang
- Mercury Capri
- Chevrolet Camaro
- Pontiac Firebird
3 Door, 4 Seater available with Sunroof or T-Top Roof
- 2.2L Turbo I 146 HP 84-90
- 2.2L Turbo II 174 HP 87-90
- 2.2L Turbo III 224 HP Lotus designed 92-93
- 2.2L Turbo IV 174 HP VNT Variable Nozzle Turbo 90
- 2.5 Turbo 152 HP 89-93
- 2.2 Non Turbo
- 2.5 Non Turbo
- 3.0L V6 SOHC 141 HP 90-93
- A413 3 Speed Automatic
- A555 Getrag 5 Speed Manual
- A568 Getrag 5 Speed Manual (was the best 5 speed that was offered)
Length, width, height, wheelbase
Length: 175", Width: 69", Height: 50", Wheelbase: 97"
Year by Year Changes, Production Numbers, and Cost:
- First year of the new FWD daytona only 2 engines were available this year the 2.2 NA 93hp engine and the turbocharged 2.2L 142hp engine
-4 lug wheels
First year to have 5 Lug wheels
1st year for the Daytona C.S.
First year for a Daytona Shelby Z
- The A555 5 speed was replaced by the A568
- Shelby Model dropped half way through the year replaced by the Iroc
- First Official Year for the Iroc and Iroc R/T
- Introduction of the 2.2L Turbo III DOHC 224hp engine. The turbo III was only used in the IROC R/T and the Spirit R/T. Lotus developed the DOHC head for the TIII which still holds the claim for most horsepower per cubic inch in Chrysler engine history.
- Last year of the Daytona and the last and only 2nd year of the 2.2L DOHC 224HP turbo III engine.
Wiki Topic References:
- Cannonball Run
- The Wraith
- Blair Witch Project
Random Page | Longest Wikis | Oldest Wikis | Newest Images | Newest Wikis | List of Categories | List of Every Freakin Wiki
- Register to Edit
- It takes less than 5 minutes to request registration for editing, and we try to approve within 24 hours. Click the Register Link in the Top Bar.
- MoparWiki Help
- While editing Wikis may at first glance appear a little overwhelming, it really isn't. You will find this site's HELP (link found in the sidebar) to be very strong and easy to understand. The best way to start is with small edits and working on your user page -- and you will become a Pro in no time.