The Beams (Drag Racing)
As it applies to drag racing, the beams refers to a light beam projected across a lane of a drag strip. A race car's front tires breaks this beam when it crosses it for a timing event. On a 1/4 miles drag strip, there will be a beam for:
- Lighting the prestaging lights
- Lighting the staging lights
- The start of the race
- The 60' mark
- The 330' mark
- The 1/8 mph calculation start
- The 1/8 mile mark
- The 1000' mark
- The 1/4 mile mph start
- The 1/4 mile finish line
This is used to record timing on the racer's Time Slip.
- Register to Edit
- It takes less than 5 minutes to request registration for editing, and we try to approve within 24 hours. Click the Register Link in the Top Bar.
- MoparWiki Help
- While editing Wikis may at first glance appear a little overwhelming, it really isn't. You will find this site's HELP (link found in the sidebar) to be very strong and easy to understand. The best way to start is with small edits and working on your user page -- and you will become a Pro in no time.