Sheriff Joe Higgins
American character actor Joe Higgins was most prominent playing the character of a sheriff in commercials and public service announcements. An actor from the age of nine, he attended the University of Dayton (Ohio) and worked in radio while a student. He entered television and played recurring roles on such television series as The Rifleman (1958) and Arrest and Trial (1963). His 1969 automobile commercial as a gravel-voiced sheriff became enormously popular, and Higgins played the character in scores of commercials, print ads and public appearances, twice winning the CLIO award for commercial actors. In addition to his acting, he earned a Ph.D. in Aviation Education from Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University. He died in 1998. Services were held at Forest Lawn in the Hollywood Hills and his ashes were scattered in the Pacific Ocean off the channel Islands north of Los Angeles by his two children; Brian and Valerie.
- DOB: July 12, 1925
- Place of Birth: Logansport, Indiana, USA
- Spouse: Bernadine C . Di'domenico (May 1952 - 1970) ( divorced) ( 2 children)
- Spouse: Jackie ? (? - 15 June 1998) ( his death)
- DOD: June 15, 1998 in Los Angeles, California, USA (heart attack)
- Interned: ??
- Register to Edit
- It takes less than 5 minutes to request registration for editing, and we try to approve within 24 hours. Click the Register Link in the Top Bar.
- MoparWiki Help
- While editing Wikis may at first glance appear a little overwhelming, it really isn't. You will find this site's HELP (link found in the sidebar) to be very strong and easy to understand. The best way to start is with small edits and working on your user page -- and you will become a Pro in no time.